Instagram is a popular social photo-sharing app with over one billion active monthly users. But the question is, should schools bother with it?
In a word, yes! In marketing, you have to go where your target market is and Instagram is a platform loved by teens and young adults. Latest figures show…
- 72% of teens use Instagram
- Six in 10 online adults have Instagram accounts
- 61% of Instagram’s UK user base are 18-34 year olds
- 18-24 year olds spend the most time the app per month
And with social media usage hitting an all-time high in 2018 – 83% of the adult population are now tweeting, Facebooking and posting on Instagram – social media should be an essential part of your school’s digital strategy.
As the saying goes, ‘a picture is worth a thousand words’ and with Instagram, you can easily showcase your school’s events, staff, students and daily goings on with a click of a button.
Sharing photos will invite your followers in to your school, boost brand awareness and show off what makes your school so unique.
Instagram is a fantastic promotional tool for school and Sixth Form open days, special events and more – simply create a post, use relevant hashtags to make your post searchable and you’re good to go.
While you’re here, why not give our Instagram page a follow?
Your Instagram strategy in 2019
We’ve discussed the why but how can your school use Instagram effectively?
The Foundry Agency are now offering bespoke Instagram workshops for schools, designed to show you how to market your school successfully using this platform.
At the end of the workshop you’ll be able to:
- Launch your school Instagram page
- Plan and schedule content to make the biggest impact
- Understand all the basics and more advanced features (such as Instagram Stories)
- Define who your audience is and how to connect with them on Instagram
- Understand how to measure your success and progress
If you are interested in one of our bespoke school Instagram workshops, then please contact Fiona, Hannah or Ellie on 0151 709 1633 or email Fiona@thefoundryagency.co.uk